- Armijo-Olivo SA, Fuentes J, Major PW, Warren S, Thie NM, Magee DJ 2010 The association between neck disability and jaw disability. Journal of Oral Rehabilitation 37: 670–679.
- Grondin F, Hall T, Laurentjoye M, Ella B 2015 Upper cervical range of motion is impaired in patients with temporomandibular disorders. Cranio 33: 91–99
- Grondin F, von Piekartz H, Hall T. (2017) Does altered mandibular position and dental occlusion influence upper cervical movement: A cross–sectional study in asymptomatic people. Musculoskeletal Science and Practice 27.
- La Touche R, Fernandez-de-las-Pena C, Fernandez-Carnero J, Escalante K, Angulo-Diaz-Parreno S, Paris-Alemany A 2009 The effects of manual therapy and exercise directed at the cervical spine on pain and pressure pain sensitivity in patients with myofascial temporomandibular disorders. Journal of Oral Rehabilitation 36: 644–652.
- Guarda-Nardini, L., Stecco, A., Stecco, C., Masiero, S. and Manfredini, D. (2012). Myofascial Pain of the Jaw Muscles: Comparison of Short-Term Effectiveness of Botulinum Toxin Injections and Fascial Manipulation Technique. CRANIO®, [online] 30(2), pp.95-102.
- von Piekartz H, Hall T 2013 Orofacial manual therapy improves cervical movement impairment associated with headache and features of temporomandibular dysfunction: A rando- mized controlled trial. Manual Therapy 18: 345–350.
- Grondin F, Hall TM (2017) Changes in cervical movement impairment and pain following orofacial treatment in patients with chronic arthralgic temporomandibular disorder with pain: A prospective case series, Physiotherapy Theory and Practice, 33:1, 52-61
--Bite sized pieces of information for you to ‘chew over’: --
Have a healthy World Oral Health Day and rest assured that we are well qualified to help you!
Luca Scomazzon-Rossi APAM
Luca graduated from a Bachelor of Physiotherapy with honours and has a background in personal training.
Jayce Gilbert FACP, APAM
Clinic director & Specialist Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist* in treatment for back, neck, headache and TMD (Jaw/Face) problems.